Monday, January 23, 2012

Lesson #88: Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies

Anybody who knows me well, knows that I absolutely LOVE chai tea. Yes, the barista at my local Starbucks knows my drink! These incredibly soft sugar cookies has all the wonderful flavors of chai tea in the form of a cookie. YUMMY!

Although there is no tea in the cookies, they do contain "typical" chai spices: cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, and black pepper. Yes, black pepper! I learned one thing while making these cookies...definitely make sure that you use finely ground black pepper. I used a pepper grinder and ended up with a few larger pieces of black pepper. You definitely tasted the black pepper if got a larger piece. Other than that, these cookies are absolutely DELICIOUS!


LESSON LEARNED: Use finely ground black pepper in these cookies!

Recipe for Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...