Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lesson #74: Brioche

The first time I had brioche was last year in Thomas Keller's restaurant Bouchon in Las Vegas. My mom and I went there for breakfast and the food was AMAZING! So amazing that we went there twice (that's hard to do with all the wonderful restaurants in Vegas!). After I returned home, I found the recipe for this bread in the Bouchon cookbook and enjoyed this bread again.

If you never had brioche, I would describe it as a cross between a cake and a bread. It's super buttery and very tender. The butter forms a nice crust along the outside of the bread and the center is soft and "cake-like". I slice it thick and serve it with jam (usually homemade during the spring/summer months, but the one here is store-bought). Believe me, once you had this bread, you will fall in love with it too!

Note: This isn't the Bouchon recipe, but a new recipe from one of my dessert cookbooks I received for Christmas. It's equally as delicious! Also, making this bread stretches out over a day and a half, so give yourself plenty of time. After the initial kneading, it's pretty hands off.

LESSON LEARNED: Brioche is wonderful!

Recipe for Brioche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...