Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lesson #81: Caramel Cupcakes

Today is my mom's birthday, so I made these cupcakes especially for her! These are super FANTASTIC cupcakes and since she doesn't eat chocolate, these make the perfect birthday cake.

Caramel is incorporated into both the cake batter and frosting. The cake has a nice mellow caramel flavor and the frosting is buttery, yet not-too-sweet. My homemade caramel sauce from yesterday is mixed into the frosting. Do you see the specks of vanilla bean in the frosting? Both parts of this cake are good, but when you eat them together in one forkful, the caramel flavor really shines. Enjoy!

LESSON LEARNED: Homemade caramel sauce has many yummy uses!

Recipe for Caramel Cupcakes

3 comments:

  1. Shannon I always bookmark your recipes so I can try them later!! My husband really likes chocolate....do you have any favorite chocolatey recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I do have some good chocolate recipes. I have an amazing chocolate brownie recipe that has a layer of raspberry in the middle. Maybe I'll whip up a batch this week to post on the blog. It's a good one! I'm always looking for people to test out new recipes on....if you Facebook message me your address, I could send some chocolatey cookies your way. There's a new recipe that I've been wanting to try :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...