Monday, January 9, 2012

Lesson #78: Chocolate Chip Challah Bread

My chocolate chip cookie craze continues.....

Next up on my list was this INSANELY good challah bread. I've made this recipe a few times and here's what I learned along the way. First, this recipe yields a large amount of bread. It makes way too much for two people. I've tried halving the recipe, but it never turns out quite the same. So, here's my suggestion. Follow the recipe as suggested and freeze the second loaf (homemade bread freezes extremely well!). Or even better: give the second loaf to someone (you will impress them with your awesome baking skills!). Sadly, my second loaf of bread is sitting in the freezer until the next time I go to Toledo or when we move next month :)

Second, when you stir in the chocolate chips, they might have a tendency to melt. At this point in the recipe you have added some warm water and are about to knead the bread which creates further heat. If you knead the bread in a mixer, don't worry about it. The worst that will happen is that you have swirls of chocolate instead of chips. It will be equally DELICIOUS. If you are kneading by hand, I would recommend working in the chocolate chips after you kneaded it for a while.

This homemade bread is definitely worth the effort. It's soft and squishy with bits of chocolate throughout. Plus it makes your house smell WONDERFUL!


LESSON LEARNED: Practice makes perfect with this yummy bread!

Recipe for Chocolate Chip Challah Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...