Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lesson #70: Cinnamon-Sugar Pull Apart Bread

My family enjoyed this bread as part of breakfast on Christmas morning. This wasn't the first time that I made this bread and my mom was very excited when I unpacked it as a surprise on Christmas Eve.

I really enjoy making homemade bread and, for me, this bread is a lot of fun to make. You begin by mixing up the bread dough and letting it rise. Then, you roll out the dough, brush it with melted butter, and sprinkle it with cinnamon/sugar/nutmeg. Next comes the fun part :) You slice it into 6 vertical strips, stack the strips, and cut it again into 6 equal squares. Finally, you stack the squares on top of each other and place them in a bread pan. The end effect is pretty cool and looks tricky to make (even though it's super easy!).


LESSON LEARNED: Sometimes fancy looking bread can be simple to make.

Recipe for Cinnamon-Sugar Pull Apart Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...