Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Lesson #69: Eggnog Ice Cream

As I was thinking of more holiday ice cream flavors, the idea of eggnog ice cream popped into my head. I haven't seen too many eggnog ice creams, so I decided to experiment with my favorite ice cream base. Instead of using whole milk (typically 1.5 cups of whole milk to 2 cups heavy cream), I substituted eggnog. I then added a bit of freshly grated nutmeg to give the ice cream a warm and spicy note. I was a little apprehensive about this idea, but it definitely worked!

This ice cream is a once a year treat. The ice cream is deliciously SMOOTH, CREAMY, and DECEDENT. I think it's best eaten in small quantities, so you can savor every spoonful.

The first picture is right from my ice cream container and the second is a not-so-small serving (it was my husband's -who loves ice cream- bowl!).


LESSON LEARNED: Substituting eggnog for whole milk creates a wonderful ice cream.

Recipe for Eggnog Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...