Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Lesson #61: Candy Cane Ice Cream

I've mentioned this before, but to re-iterate, my husband LOVES ice cream! I was out of town last weekend and there was no ice cream in the house, so he (gasp!) bought ice cream. I came home, saw the Ben & Jerry's in the freezer, and knew I should definitely make ice cream this week.

Since there's a ton of candy canes in the stores right now, this was my inspiration for the ice cream. First, I melted candy cane into the custard base for the ice cream. As I was churning the ice cream, I intensified the candy cane flavor by adding additional crushed candy canes. Finally, I added a few drops of red food coloring to make the ice cream look extra festive. DELICIOUS!

LESSON LEARNED: Homemade ice cream beats store-bought ice cream any day!

Recipe for Candy Cane Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...