Monday, February 13, 2012

Lesson #99: Peppermint Patty Truffles

Oh, the combination of dark chocolate and mint is one of my favorite flavors! When I saw this recipe posted on another blog, I knew I had to try it out.

This recipe is great because it only requires 5 ingredients and is super simple to make. The biggest selling point is that they taste EXACTLY like the store bought candy. My husband said that if he closed his eyes, he wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I think it was his way of telling me that they didn't look as uniform as the real ones! :)

I did make this recipe twice. The first time I made them into patties, but because I was in a hurry (or perhaps because of my dispositional lack of patience!), I made the patties way too big. The ratio of chocolate to peppermint was off. Next time, I made them into small balls and called them truffles. They were PERFECT bite-size pieces of goodness. Check out pictures from both of my attempts below!


LESSON LEARNED: Bite-sized pieces are the key to achieving the perfect ratio of dark chocolate to peppermint.

Recipe for Peppermint Patty Truffles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...