Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lesson #101: Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

My father-in-law is unable to eat gluten or diary, but I wanted to include something for him in a care package I sent to my in-laws, so I searched the library for a gluten free cookie cookbook. I love browsing the library (especially the cookbook section) because you never know what you'll find!

I ended up finding a few gluten-free cookie books and chose a recipe that I thought would ship well since the package was going from Cleveland to Atlanta. It was a bonus that this recipe contains no butter or dairy so I didn't have to substitute margarine or oil.

The cookies have a pretty intense peanut flavor due to peanut butter and chopped peanuts. I thought they tasted pretty good and the texture of the cookie was best right after baking. We keep a cookie (after shipping the rest!) in an airtight container to see how the texture changed and they weren't quite as crispy after a day or two. I've modified the recipe to create a small batch, so they can be eaten fairly fast.


LESSON LEARNED: This cookies are best enjoyed right after baking.

Recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...