Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lesson #96: Roasted Cherry Ice Cream

I've been on a roll posting a new ice cream recipe every week. Pretty soon, I will have a ton of ice cream flavors in my repertoire! Last week, we enjoyed this roasted cherry ice cream. My husband is a big fan of fruit-flavored ice creams, so this is a recipe he chose for the week.

Making this ice cream requires a little prep time. Mostly, if you are using fresh cherries, you have to pit all the cherries before roasting them in the oven with a bit of sugar and cornstarch. I have super useful cherry pitter which saves ton of time and red-stained fingers! When cherries are in season in Ohio, I usually go on a cherry pitting marathon where I freeze cherries to use year round. Once you get past the cherry pitting, you make a standard vanilla ice cream base and churn the ice cream. Then, as you pack the ice cream in a container to harden, you layer in roasted cherries. It's as simple as that!

LESSON LEARNED: Using a cherry pitter saves a ton of time!

Recipe for Roasted Cherry Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...