Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lesson #29: Chocolate Marshmallow Moon Pies

I learned two new techniques for this recipe: making homemade graham crackers and homemade marshmallows. I was pretty exciting to learn both! I saw this recipe on another food blog and it looked very good (really, how could chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers sound bad?).

Making graham crackers wasn't any more difficult than making any other rolled out sugar cookie. I thought that they tasted SO much better than the store bought variety. I was more nervous to make the marshmallows. You have to soften some gelatin, cook sugar and a few other things to the correct temperature, and then let a stand mixer do the rest of the work. It was really very simple and the result was an amazingly fluffy marshmallow that set up perfectly. This recipe makes a ton of marshmallow, so I re-purposed the leftovers into another recipe (which I'll share in a few days!).

Overall, these moon pies ROCKED! The graham crackers were crunchy and had an INCREDIBLE nutty flavor from the wheat flour. The marshmallow filling was fluffy, light, and provided sweetness to offset the chocolate covering. Enjoy!

 
LESSON LEARNED: Don't be scared to try new techniques!

Recipe for Chocolate Marshmallow Moon Pies

1 comment:

  1. I'm eager to try making marshmallows - this looks awesome! I've always avoided making them for fear of not achieving the right consistency, but will try them now! Thanks shannon ;) love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...