Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lesson #21: Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache

Yesterday was my birthday! I had to teach ALL day (three classes- 8am, 3:30pm, 6:55pm!) so I decided to make some cupcakes to share all day long. I think that I love giving all my baked goods away just as much as I like the actual baking :)

I decided on a chocolate cupcake with a white chocolate ganache frosting. The chocolate cake was YUMMY and had just the right amount of chocolate so it wasn't too rich. The frosting, however, was AMAZING! It was like eating a cloud made of white chocolate. In terms of ganache, it wasn't a firm ganache (like you see in truffles), but instead fell on a medium to soft range. The proportion of chocolate to heavy cream was 1 to 2 - so it had twice as much cream as chocolate. After the ganache chilled in the refrigerator a while, you whip it up to it's magical lightness. I, of course, garnished them with a little candy sprinkles since it was my birthday!



LESSON LEARNED: This recipe for white chocolate ganache is amazing!

Recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Ganache

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...