Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lesson #19: Pumpkin Ice Cream

After making Pumpkin Cookies, I had leftover half a can of pumpkin puree. I quickly decided that my next project should be creating a pumpkin ice cream!

I modified my tried-and-true creamy ice cream base by adding pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice to the cooked custard before blending in cream and whole milk. The result is WONDERFUL! The ice cream is perfectly creamy and tastes exactly like pumpkin pie (except lighter and with no crust!). You could easily transform this into the base for a pumpkin pie milkshake. Imagine blending pumpkin ice cream, cooked pie crust, and milk until smooth. Then top it with a little fresh whipped cream and drizzle with caramel. Hmmm.....maybe I'll try this soon! :)






LESSON LEARNED: Leftover pumpkin has many yummy possibilities!

Recipe for Pumpkin Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...