Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lesson #27: Homemade Applesauce with Cinnamon Crunch Granola

After our apple picking adventure last weekend, I had a ton of extra apples sitting around. I remembered how homemade applesauce is vastly superior to store bought applesauce, so I decided this was my next baking project.

I decided to step-up a normal applesauce recipe by making a cinnamon crunch granola to top the warm applesauce. This was inspired by a cinnamon crunch ice cream I recently made (which I'll post in a few days!). The results were WONDERFUL!

Imagine warm applesauce with a hint of cinnamon topped with a crunchy brown sugar and oatmeal granola. The texture of the applesauce is velvety & smooth and the granola adds just a bit of crunch. This became of my top fall fruit desserts and was a cinch to make in under an hour!






LESSON LEARNED: Adding a simple granola makes applesauce something special!

Recipe for Homemade Applesauce with Cinnamon Crunch Granola

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...