Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lesson #23: Pumpkin Caramels

I've been making a ton of pumpkin desserts lately. Caramel and pumpkin seem like a perfect match, so I've decided to combine these two flavors into a DELICIOUS candy.

When you make caramel, you have to be really careful to watch the pot so the sugar doesn't burn. To be honest, the first time I tried this recipe, I got distracted and the sugar started to burn. There's really no way to salvage this (until you like a burnt flavor - yuck!), so I had to start over. After I started paying more attention, the end result was really FANTASTIC!

These candies are soft, chewy, and creamy. They taste exactly like combining a regular caramel candy with pumpkin pie. I individually wrapped each candy and they look like I bought them at a candy store. 







LESSON LEARNED: Watch carefully when making caramel so it doesn't burn!

Recipe for Pumpkin Caramels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...