Monday, October 3, 2011

Lesson #20: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge

After making truffles last week, I decided I would try a few other types of candy. First up was this YUMMY fudge (well, technically it's a penuche type of fudge because it's made with brown sugar).

While I was making this recipe, I thought I messed up. After you boil the brown sugar with cream, milk, and other yummy ingredients, the next step is to add some flour. As I was adding the flour, it clumped up and there were dots of flour in my fudge. It's possible that this happened because I didn't sift the flour (this is a step I frequently skip!). After the flour step, the next step is to cool the fudge and, finally, mix until the fudge becomes thick and lighter in color. I thought I would see what would happen and the flour clumps disappeared! I'm glad that I continued making this recipe instead of giving up :)

This fudge really tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough! It's a super sweet fudge and the brown sugar gives it a little bit of course texture - similar to a dough. On top, there are semi-sweet chocolate chips which adds bitterness to slightly off set the sweetness.






LESSON LEARNED: Don't give up on recipes - even if it looks like you messed up!

Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...