Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lesson #7: Pavlovas with Orange Curd

When I received my Food & Wine magazine for September, I was completely enthralled by a dessert that at first glance looked exactly like an egg. I thought it was a really neat idea to present a meringue (i.e. baked, sweetened whipped egg whites) and curd (i.e. custard - usually containing citrus) dessert. Yesterday, I thought I would give it a shot because I had a few hours between the two classes I teach on Monday. Surprisingly, it wasn't very time consuming - at least with the hands on time because the meringues take an hour to bake - AND I didn't even get my dress clothes messy. :)

When we tried it last night after dinner, it was excellent! The meringues were a bit crunchy on the outside and slightly chewy in the center and when you mixed it with the curd, the citrus cut some of the sweetness of the meringue. Check it out below!


Recipe for Pavlovas with Orange Curd

LESSON LEARNED: Even fancy looking desserts can be whipped up in no time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...