Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lesson #6: Butterfinger Ice Cream

Now that I've improved on my ice cream making skills, I've been experimenting with different flavors. Last week, I made mint Oreo ice cream by adding mint extract and crushed Oreos to my vanilla ice cream base. The ice cream flavor for this week is Butterfinger ice cream! I mixed up my favorite recipe for ice cream, let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, started my ice cream maker, and in the last few minutes of churning, added 5 "fun size" crushed Butterfinger candy bars. The crushed candy bars really incorporated well into the ice cream. It's important to let the ice cream chill in the freezer for at least a couple of hours. This will firm up the ice cream and let the Butterfinger flavor really intensify. You might be able to tell from this picture that I did not freeze it long enough and it immediately started to melt! It still tasted good and I'm sure it will taste even better tomorrow :)


LESSON LEARNED: Chill ice cream in the freezer for at least a few hours before you eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...