Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lesson #13: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

If you like peanut butter, you'll LOVE these cookies. I shared these cookies with some of my classes yesterday and they were well received - hopefully at least as well as my lecture! :)

I've made them a few times and learned a few things along the way. First, and this may seem like common sense, you want round cookies when you make sandwich cookies. The first time I made these I started to roll the dough into balls and it was WAY too sticky to roll into balls. It works best if you refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. Yes, this adds an extra step, but it's definitely worth it (at least for presentation).

Second, the filling for these cookies is AMAZING! It's light and fluffy with tons of peanut butter flavor. However, I would not advise you to walk away from the filling when it's mixing. I went to our basement to look for a container to package the cookies and the filling went from light & fluffy to thick & chunky. That's not what you want in this cookie. I found that if you added more powdered sugar and milk, the filling goes back to light & fluffy. So, I learned to solve two problems by making this cookie, but don't forget that these cookies are absolutely delicious!






LESSON LEARNED: Refrigerating dough makes cookies at lot easier to shape!

Recipe for Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...