Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lesson #141: Lemon White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries

I was looking for a dessert that was nice enough to serve at a dinner party that I could prepare ahead of time and didn't require me to turn on the oven. This is it!

You begin by making two different flavors of mousse. I made a quick lemon curd for one flavor and melted white chocolate for the other flavor. Then, you whip cream and fold in whatever you choose to flavor the dessert with and let it hang out in the refrigerator for a while. A few hours before serving, you slice fresh fruit and layer it in a pretty glass with the two types of mousse. It was super simple, yet really elegant. I'll definitely keep this in mind the next time I need to make a dinner party dessert.

LESSON LEARNED: You can easily switch up the fruit and mousse depending on when you serve this dessert. A mint and chocolate mousse layered with Oreos would be awesome during the winter!

Recipe for Lemon White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...