Friday, June 1, 2012

Lesson #138: Funfetti Cupcakes

Last weekend I was asked by my cousin to make birthday cupcakes for her son's second birthday party. She didn't have any requests besides baking some of the cupcakes in ice cream cones so it was easier for the little kids at the party to grab-and-go with their dessert.  That was such a great idea!

I adapted my favorite vanilla cake recipe by adding a ton of sprinkles to make "Funfetti Cupcakes". For half of the cupcakes, I baked the batter in regular cupcake liners and added an edible image on top (which I purchased on Etsy). For the other cupcakes, I baked the cake in ice cream cones, topped them with a swirl of frosting, and garnished with sprinkles. They were super fun and the kids absolutely loved them!

I only had my cell phone camera when I set up the cake, but you'll get the general idea. The birthday boy is the one driving his birthday present Jeep!



 LESSON LEARNED: Sometimes cupcakes baked in the ice cream cones will sink after they come out of the oven. Don't worry - just cover the top with a swirl of frosting and no one will ever know!

Recipe for Funfetti Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...