Friday, March 30, 2012

Lesson #120: Rhubarb Crumb Cake Muffins

Justin LOVES, LOVES, LOVES rhubarb, so I'm sure there will be no shortage of rhubarb recipes on my blog. Since I was in the breakfast mood this week, I decided to make rhubarb muffins with a crumb cake top. These were so good that I had to freeze some of them so we didn't eat them all in one day!

The cake is fluffy, tangy buttermilk cake with a ton of diced rhubarb. It isn't too sweet because the crumb topping is a mixture of brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and melted butter. The muffins take a bit longer than cupcakes to bake, so I would recommend checking them often. You would hate to under-bake these muffins because the rhubarb would be soggy in the middle.

LESSON LEARNED: Place a liberal amount of the crumb topping on the muffins before they bake. Some of it sinks into the muffin so it will look pretty bare if you don't use enough.

Recipe for Rhubarb Crumb Cake Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...