Monday, March 19, 2012

Lesson #115: Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream

My husband and I are moving at the end of the week, so over the past few weeks I've been trying to use up the odds and ends in my freezer and refrigerator. I realized that I had some leftover cake in the freezer from making these parfaits, so it was the perfect excuse to try this ice cream recipe.

Pieces of yellow butter cake are tossed with a honey butterscotch sauce and then folded into a vanilla ice cream. It definitely brought me back to the days of eating birthday cake with a scoop of ice cream - except it's all in one DELICIOUS bite!

 LESSON LEARNED: Be aware that adding the butterscotch sauce will alter the texture of this ice cream. As you add more sauce, the texture becomes slightly icy, so it's not as perfectly smooth and creamy as some ice cream recipes I post. It still tastes yummy though!

Recipe for Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...