Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lesson #119: Strawberry Scones with Meyer Lemon Glaze

I've decided that I've been seriously lacking on making breakfast treats. I first made these scones a few years ago back in Arizona to take to a neighborhood coffee. They went over VERY well, so dug the recipe out to make these again.

Needless to say, they were again well received. I took some to my mom's work and my grandma's house. Everyone who tried one of these had good things to say. These breakfast biscuits were light & fluffy and studded with diced fresh strawberries. I topped off the scones (not that they needed it because they were super moist) with a Meyer lemon glaze. I got super excited when I saw a whole bag of Meyer lemons super cheap in the grocery store (gotta love the low prices in Toledo!), so that's the real reason why I made this glaze.

LESSON LEARNED: These are best enjoyed the day they are baked. You can mix up the dough, cut it out, and freeze the disks ahead of time. You can bake them straight from the freezer!

Recipe for Strawberry Scones with Meyer Lemon Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...