Monday, October 15, 2012

Lesson #172: Pumpkin Pancakes

I had a bit of leftover pumpkin from making these pumpkin cream cheese muffins, so I decided to incorporate it into a pancake.

Every weekend I try to make a different breakfast instead of our usual cereal, toast, and fruit we have during the weekdays. I usually do a sweeter breakfast one day and a savory breakfast the next. My sweet breakfast options are usually some form of waffles (I have an awesome recipe I should share on the blog!) or pancakes.

These pancakes are have traditional "warm" Fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Pureed pumpkin is mixed in to create a wonderful orange hue. Drizzled with maple syrup these are a great addition to your pancake repertoire.

LESSON LEARNED: This recipe makes a lot of pancakes. I divided them into stacks of 3 or 4, wrapped them with plastic wrap, and froze for later. That way, you can grab a pack out of the freezer, microwave for 1-2 minutes, and you are ready to eat.

Recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...