Monday, October 8, 2012

Lesson #170: Coconut Cupcakes

Last Friday was my birthday, so I decided to make these coconut cupcakes as part of my birthday dinner. The day was pretty low-key  - ending with me making dinner for my family (this was my choice - they offered to take me out!).

These cupcakes are very rich and indulgent - everything a cupcake should be! The base is a buttermilk cake with a generous amount of coconut in the batter. The cupcakes are topped with a cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with more coconut.

LESSON LEARNED: This recipe makes over 2 dozen cupcakes. This was way too much for my family gathering - luckily we were visiting friends the next day so I took half of them with me. :)

Recipe for Coconut Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...