Monday, July 2, 2012

Lesson #147: Raspberry Brownies

I made these gooey, raspberry brownies a few weeks ago to bring to my cousin's new house. As soon as she requested brownies, I knew exactly what I would make.

I haven't baked these brownies since my dissertation defense a few years ago -which made me a bit nostalgic. A few years into graduate school I started to have more time to bake and these were one of the few desserts I made time and time again. I used to bring treats to the lab for my undergraduate research assistants (it just occurred to me that I have a soft spot in my heart for feeding college students since I currently make treats for my classes too!).  

If you are in the mood for a combination of fruit and chocolate which will please a crowd, this may be a good recipe to try. Bittersweet chocolate brownie batter is layered between a mixture of seedless raspberry preserves and (my secret ingredient!) raspberry liqueur to create a gooey, fruity bite of chocolate goodness.

LESSON LEARNED: Make sure you bake these brownies until they are set. If you under-bake them, the raspberry filling doesn't set and they will be super messy (but equally delicious!) to cut.

Recipe for Raspberry Brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...