Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lesson #154: Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Berry Swirl

This ice cream tastes like a spoonful of summer! I absolutely fell in love with the idea of corn ice cream last year, but I didn't have a chance to make it during prime corn season. I haven't made homemade ice cream in at least 2 months (we have TWO season ice cream stores within walking distance of our house.....and yes, they pretty much know us since we visit often!) and yesterday I was in the mood to make ice cream.

Fresh super sweet corn is infused into the ice cream base and then swirled with a sauce made from raspberries and blackberries once it's frozen. I really enjoyed the sweet flavor of the corn mixed with the tangy bite of the berry sauce. It may sound weird to put corn into ice cream, but if you are adventurous, I would give this recipe a shot.

LESSON LEARNED: Fresh corn is good in desserts too!

Recipe for Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Berry Swirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...