Friday, July 6, 2012

Lesson #149: Vanilla Bean Peach Jam

A few weeks ago my in-laws were in town visiting from Atlanta. I knew that my mother-in-law is an avid canner, so I asked her if she would teach me how to can. I remember my grandma canning when I was growing up, but I had never canned anything myself. It turns out that the whole process isn't hard once you get everything set up!

This was the first recipe we made. It's a really simple recipe - just peaches, sugar, lemon, and vanilla bean. I think the hardest part of the recipe was peeling and cubed the peaches! So, it that doesn't sound hard to you, you could definitely make this jam. The end result is a lusciously thick peach jam with a hint of vanilla and lemon.


 LESSON LEARNED: If you don't want to can this jam, simply ladle it into jars, let it cool, and store it in the refrigerator.

Recipe for Vanilla Bean Peach Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...