Friday, July 13, 2012

Lesson #151: Soft White Bread

Last week I made this peach jam, so naturally I needed to make something to spread it on. I settled on this recipe for soft white bread which has been in my favorite recipes folder for a few years.

To help organize my recipes, I put them in plastic sleeves in a 3 ring binder. I only put recipes in the binder that I've tried and was impressed enough with the results to make it again. I love trying new recipes, so recipes have to meet a pretty high standard to make it into the book. Every once in a while, I re-make the recipes to make sure I still think they rock.

In terms of making homemade bread, this recipe is fairly easy to execute. You need a little time to wait around for the bread to rise, but the recipe isn't too temperamental and doesn't require a sponge or starter mixture. It's perfect for slicing, toasting, and spreading jam on top. It's also wonderful after a day or two for french toast. YUM!

LESSON LEARNED: Homemade bread is the perfect accompaniment for homemade jam!

Recipe for Soft White Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...