Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lesson #150: Snickerdoodle Cookies

Snickerdoodle cookies are one of the classic American cookies. I was thinking about entering these cookies in our local county fair in a few weeks, so I wanted to make a test batch. I made one of my favorite chewy sugar cookie doughs- which I love because it's slightly tangy with the addition of cream cheese- and generously rolled it in cinnamon and sugar. The result is a soft, chewy cinnamon/sugar cookie. I'll let you know if these are winners! :)

LESSON LEARNED: If you make these cookies on a hot & humid day, you may want to refrigerate the dough before you roll it into balls. When I made these cookies, I didn't have to refrigerate the dough, but it was starting to get sticky as I handled it.

Recipe for Snickerdoodle Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...