Friday, December 30, 2011

Lesson #72: Chocolate Chip/Walnut Cookies

My love for chocolate chip cookies continues.....

For Christmas, I received a cookbook by pastry chef Elizabeth Falkner (who was most recently seen on the Next Iron Chef America). I think her desserts are really fun & whimsy and one day I aspire to progress my baking skills to plated desserts, so I was super excited to try out her recipes. I started with the very first one in the book: chocolate chip cookies!

Oh my gosh! These cookies are AMAZING! They are chewy, gooey, and have just the right amount nuttiness. I used one of my favorite brands of chocolate chips (Guittard). I think this chocolate has an extremely smooth taste with vanilla notes (just in case you are interested!). They came out perfect! I was in an extra scientific/precise mood when I made these, so I used my kitchen scale. I'll give part of the credit to following the recipe exactly and part credit for the awesomeness of the recipe.

LESSON LEARNED: I'm going to continue to bake out of my new cookbook!

Recipe for Chocolate Chip/Walnut Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...