Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lesson #90: Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting

Over the past week, I've been in the mood for a comfort dessert. I've been fighting a sinus infection, so all I really feel like doing is sitting around :(

My favorite cake combination is yellow cake with chocolate frosting. When I made cake from box mixes, this is always what I would choose. I picked up a cake book from the library a few weeks ago which mixed up cakes just using one bowl. It seemed like a pretty straightforward method (no creaming the butter & sugar and alternating between milk and a flour mixture here!). You dump the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the wet ingredients, and mix.

The cakes turned out surprisingly great! They were moist and had a yummy butter flavor. I also mixed up a sour cream chocolate frosting which had just the right amount of tang. These cupcakes were so YUMMY that my husband started to eat them before I had the chance to frost all of them.

LESSON LEARNED: This recipe for a one bowl cake worked well!

Recipe for Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...