Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lesson #14: Mini Bananas Foster Cheesecake

I saw this recipe in a dessert booked I checked out from the library and thought these mini cheesecakes were super cute. The cheesecake is full of bananas & rum on top of a nutty, cinnamon graham cracker crust. The mini cheesecakes are then covered with sliced banana and caramel sauce.

Usually, when I have a craving for cheesecake, I end up making a whole cheesecake which is really too much for the two people in our household to eat. Cheesecake isn't the easiest thing to share with people (especially because we don't know too many people in the town where we live), so we never eat the whole thing. I was happy to see this idea for mini cheesecakes and it seemed like a yummy flavor to make. This dessert definitely satisfied my cheesecake craving and - as a bonus - they didn't take too long to bake.

There were a couple of things that I learned while making these cheesecakes. First, it's better to use mini cupcake liners because they come out of the pan MUCH easier and there is less of a mess. Second, this dessert is WAY better the on the same day you make it and doesn't keep very well after a day or so. Overall, these are very good and did remind me of the traditional bananas foster dessert!






LESSON LEARNED: Mini cheesecakes are the perfect size to get your cheesecake "fix".

Recipe for Mini Bananas Foster Cheesecake 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...