Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lesson #135: Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp

Justin's favorite desserts are anything made with rhubarb. Since it was his birthday a few weeks ago, I made this dessert as part of his birthday dinner.

The filling reminded me of the best strawberry-rhubarb jam that I've had. The filling was tart, yet sweet and it was topped off with crunchy bits of brown sugar and oatmeal. I made a half batch since it was just the two of us, but we could have easily ate the full batch. Usually I don't regret only making a small batch of something (because I like to try new recipes!), but to be honest, I was a little sad when we finished up the pan of this dessert. :)


LESSON LEARNED: Make sure you bake this for the entire hour - I love how the top gets crunchy and crisp. Maybe that's why it's called a crisp!!!

Recipe for Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...