Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lesson #50: Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I've never thought of making peanut butter cups before. The homemade version of this popular candy is surprisingly easy to make. Trust me, you will impress your friends if you whip up these easy chocolates! I definitely impressed myself and was pretty excited by the finished product.

I would suggest using the best quality chocolate you can. It does makes a difference since there are very few ingredients in the recipe. The peanut butter filling is AWESOME! The peanut butter is melted with a bit of butter, boiled for a few minutes with brown sugar, and sweetened with powdered sugar.

LESSON LEARNED: Making homemade candies is fun!

Recipe for Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

4 comments:

  1. Your family is very lucky to have someone with such great baking skills making dessert! My first recipe I tried (cookie dough fudge) was a bust so I want to try another one. Do you have a favorite out of all of them (no fruit things).

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! Sorry the fudge didn't work out - it can be tricky getting the sugar to the right temperature. I've made my share of failed fudge too. Here's a few of my favorites :)

    http://sweetlessons.blogspot.com/2011/10/lesson-34-homemade-oreos.html

    http://sweetlessons.blogspot.com/2011/10/lesson-33-peanut-butter-cup-crunch.html

    http://sweetlessons.blogspot.com/2011/09/lesson-13-peanut-butter-sandwich.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely passed the test! It was great to see you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they passed the test :) It was good to visit with you too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...