Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lesson #45: PIneapple Upside Down Cake Ice Cream

Justin, my husband, LOVES ice cream. He is always encouraging me to come up with new and exciting flavors because he loves to sample the results. After a little brainstorming, I decided to turn a classic dessert like pineapple upside down cake into an ice cream. YUMMY, right?

The base of the ice cream is my recipe for cake batter ice cream. It uses a boxed cake mix in the custard which makes it taste exactly like store bought ice cream. While the custard was chilling in the refrigerator, I sauteed some chopped pineapple in butter and brown sugar until it was golden and sticky - similar to what you would find in the bottom of the cake. To make this ice cream even better, I mixed in chopped cherries with the pineapples! Enjoy!

LESSON LEARNED: Classic desserts can be turned into ice cream!

Recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake Ice Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...