Monday, December 10, 2012

Lesson #186: Hot Buttered Soft Pretzels

Last week I had a crazing for one of those buttery, hot, soft pretzels you can get at the mall. Since I wasn't going to make a special trip to the mall, I decided to look around the internet to find a good soft pretzel recipe. I knew I could trust a source like King Arthur flour, so I went ahead and tried this recipe. The finished product tasted just as good (maybe even a little better!) and saved me a trip to the mall. Here's the finished product with some step-by-step photos along the way.


 First, add all the ingredients to the bottom of a mixing bowl.


Knead with the mixer or by hand until the dough looks smooth.


 Place the dough in a zip-lock bag.


 Let it rise until doubled.


Divide the dough into 8 sections.


 Roll each into a log and let sit for a few minutes.


 Stretch out the dough and twist into a pretzel shape.


Give the pretzels a two minute bath in a baking soda/water mixture. This is what helps them brown.


Sprinkle generously with salt before baking.


Bake until golden brown and brush with lots of butter while warm.


Wait a few minutes and enjoy! I took a break from grading papers and read a magazine!

LESSON LEARNED: These pretzels are best served warm. Especially straight from the oven

Recipe for Hot Buttered Soft Pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...